Skip to main content

The Friends of Wilderness Park are committed to sustaining the ecological integrity of Wilderness Park through education, preservation, and community collaboration.

Branson Park, named after land owner Charles M. Branson, existed roughly between 1883 and 1945 just southeast of South 1st Street and Pioneers Boulevard. It was the 70 acre wooded area straddling Salt Creek on the east side of Branson’s 250 acre farm known as “Riverside Farm” or “Riverside Stock Yard”.